Gigabyte M28U is an IPS display-type monitor with almost 28 inches of screen size, which gives you the ultimate immersive experience of gaming and computing. If you are planning to buy a brand new monitor for yourself, then this can be one of the best options for sure!
Having said that, the new Gigabyte M28U delivers power endurance while you game for hours. Apart from that, the connectivity options with this one are also vast and versatile, as this is one of the few monitors to support HDMI 2.1.
And this is just the tip of an iceberg! There’s a lot more to this compact and affordable monitor that would make your investment worthwhile. Make sure to check out the below-mentioned detail in order to explore more about it.
That being said, let’s get started:
- GigaByte M28U Review:
- Downsides of the New GigaByte M28U Monitor
- Reasons to Buy GigaByte M28U Monitor
- Final Verdict
- Gigabyte M28U Specs
GigaByte M28U Review:
GIGABYTE M28U 28″ 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- 144Hz Refresh Rate
- IPS Display
- Smooth Gameplay
- VESA Display HDR400
- OSD Sidekick
AMD FreeSync Premium Pro
Starting off with the AMD FreeSync Premium Pro function of this monitor, it enables enormous control over the precision of the image. So much so that the images and videos get way too clear after the FPS and refresh rate gets synced.
Having said that, it enables smooth gameplay throughout the long, hefty hours of gaming. Not only that, but in the case of fast-paced games, this thing works out great as motion handling becomes a breeze with this.
Fast Refresh Rate
GigaByte M28U is known for its super-fast response time. No matter you are looking for a monitor to handle multitasking or searching for a good, compatible gaming monitor, the new Gigabyte M28U model is the perfect choice in any case.
The reason is that it has a fast refresh rate, which helps load or generate more images per second. So much so, that the capacity of this newest GigaByte M28U is around 144 Hertz. Isn’t that great?!
Now you can have your display’s frames per second value in line with the refresh rate of it so that you get the vivid quality of images. This perfectly gets synced with all the prevalent settings and enables the most perfect of results while gaming as well as creating content.
Coming to the HDMI interface of this monitor, you get to have two ergonomic ports that are excessively compatible and versatile. They offer extensive connectivity options that increase productivity.
You can connect headphones with it in order to have an immersive sound experience. Or else, you can have your gaming consoles connected with it. That being said, this can be the best Gigabyte M28U review for PS5 or PS4 as well.
Apart from that, this model from Gigabyte is one of the very few monitors that support the HDMI 2.1 connectivity. Yes, you read that right! The equipment of this exclusive feature levels up the game for this mediocre sort of a monitor.
GigaByte M28U Firmware Update
Firmware updates make access to new programs, files, and applications more convenient and hassle-free. With that being mentioned, the firmware updates of the new Gigabyte M28U monitor make the accessibility of newer updates to your system more well-timed and advantageous.
Gigabyte OSD Option
Another amazing thing about this gaming monitor is that it features an OSD option that gives you enormous control over the display. So much that you can have a drop-down menu at your disposal, which can be a perfect thing to increase productivity and speed while multitasking.
That being said, what it does is that it brings closer to you the accessibility of tactical features so that you can set up everything as per your preferences. Turns out that you get to have a tremendous opportunity to personalize your display.
Downsides of the New GigaByte M28U Monitor
Every tech device comes with its limitations; as none of them is completely capable of delivering all-in-all performance. Hence, in a similar context, the current monitor under discussion also has its setbacks.
That said, in order to explore the glitches of this device, let’s consider the following details:
- First and foremost, the intangible color contrasts ratio of this monitor is what creates a decline in its overall performance. In addition to that, the monitor doesn’t look very good in the dark as the color contrasts minimize the overall balanced emission of light and thus reduce the clarity.
- In the second place, the Gigabyte M28U monitor’s performance takes a substantial dip while multitasking or intensive gaming. The reason is the input latency due to many factors. In fact, it doesn’t really depend on a single reason. But aside from that, the input lag turns out to be really exhausting; especially when you’ve indulged in your work.
- That said, it is for a fact that the overall performance of this gaming monitor might not be as good as that of its rivals. But nevertheless, this costs way too little, and thus you get what you pay for.
Reasons to Buy GigaByte M28U Monitor
Now before we wrap up with our discussion, let’s have an overview of all the aspects that we’ve mentioned earlier. This would help us jot down enough reasons that make this purchase worthwhile.
With that being said, down below is a brief recap of all the amazing specs that you can get by investing in this PC monitor. On that note, let’s get started:
- First of all, the thing that is the highlight of this brand new model from Gigabyte is its affordable price tag. That’s right! You get to save a lot of your hard-earned money from this excellent piece of hardware.
Not only that but there are some of the other amazing features of it that you might not get in a monitor; and that too within this price range. One of such features is its swift refresh rate.
Exceptional Video Quality
- The monitor is capable of generating or drawing a new image up to 144 times per second. This means that the video quality gets more and more vibrant as the monitor is equipped with tremendous qualities. So this can be a good enough reason for the gamers or professional content creators out there.
Accurate And Consistent Colors
- With that being said, the next-level color gamut and screen resolution add up to give the most vibrant of image quality and contrasts. So this monitor can be a perfect option for those who want to use it as a TV. Watching movies and stuff would be a lot more fun with this masterpiece by the side.
Gigabyte M28U is a good enough monitor that can be a perfect choice for beginners as well as for those who want to save their money. Having said that, the overall performance of this piece of hardware is favorable to many of the users.
So in case you are planning to get a gaming monitor or a regular PC monitor for your daily computing task, then Gigabyte M28u isn’t really a bad option. Make sure to consider this as well, before you invest your money in any other.
Gigabyte M28U Specs
|Refresh Rate||144 Hz|
|Screen Size||28 Inches|
|Total HDMI Ports||2|
|Response Time||2 ms|
|Max Screen Resolution||3840 x 2160 Pixels|
|Display Type||Studio-Grade VESA IPS Display|